Consuming three planets' worth of resources when in fact we have one is the environmental equivalent of childhood obesity - eating until you make yourself sick.
Raising awareness of climate change and peak oil, and the things we need to do as a community to increase our resilience, is a key part of what we do.
The awareness raising group is actively involved in:
- organising our regular film shows
- arranging talks
- an ongoing collaboration with Funny Wonders
- finding places to display our information boards
- education and links with schools
- producing general leaflets and the Transition Buxton Newsletter
We can always use more time, energy and enthusiasm, so if you want to help with this side of things we'd love to hear from you.