Raising awareness of climate change and peak oil, and the things we need to do as a community to increase our resilience, is a key part of what we do.
The Awareness Raising Group is actively involved in:
- organising regular film shows, talks and discussions
- arranging visits to interesting places
- attending fetes, festivals and fairs with an information stall
- finding places to display our information boards
- running educational workshops with schools and other groups
- producing our general publicity leaflets and the Transition Buxton Newsletter
It’s an important part of what Transition is all about – our role is spelled out in the Awareness Raising Group Remit, and here’s a little Presentation we did to a recent members’ meeting. We are very keen to expand the group, with more time, energy and enthusiasm, so if you want to help with this side of things we’d love to hear from you.