Transition Buxton and the Transition movement aim to be positive and supportive of the individuals and organisations that make up our community so that together we can live sustainably and increase our resilience to change. We follow the ‘Head, Heart, Hands’ model of informing ourselves and others, sharing our passion for life and nature, and doing anything that we can to build the healthy future we all need and want.
Within Transition Buxton, the Inform & Inspire Group:
- Organise Seminars, films, and discussions
- Arrange visits to relevant and interesting places
- Organise stalls and participation in local events and on Buxton Market
- Ad hoc and seasonal events like election hustings and ‘Make your Own Christmas’
- Create and publish our bi-monthly e-newsletters
- Manage our social media accounts
- Manage this website
- Circulate information for publication in the local press
- Produce and display banners, posters, leaflets and other marketing materials
- Support and help develop other and new projects and activities
Transition Buxton is non-political with no party political affiliations. We speak up for the environment but we do not campaign – we take action in our community for the benefit of all.
We are always keen to welcome more Members to get involved in the Inform & Inspire group and activities. Our informal meetings, currently on zoom, are usually on the 4th Thursday of the month at 5:30pm. If you might have some time to help we’d love to hear from you.